If a player breaks the rules on Club Penguin Rewritten, they can get a ban. Bans can last for anywhere from 24 hours to forever depending on how bad the action was. It is the most severe punishment in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- 24 Hours: For swearing or inappropriate talk.
- 48 Hours: Same as above, but multiple offenses.
- 72 Hours or Forever: For "attempted game manipulation", such as cheating or hacking. It is also possible to be banned forever if you carry out actions outside of the game that is still punishable by Club Penguin Rewritten's rules, which includes; bullying Staff, doxxing them and/or sending them threats.
- Termination: If a player is caught creating multiple accounts to break the rules and cheat, there is a possibility that the player's account will be terminated, and they will no longer be able to make accounts or play Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Warning - A warning is issued to penguins who break the rules. The penguin will not be logged off or kicked out of the server. A popup will appear reminding the player of the rules.
- Mute a player - Moderators can mute a player, if the need arises. That user can only use Safe Chat messages for a certain time period.
- Kick - Moderators can kick players who are caught cheating or insulting others, but can return, with the advice not to do the same action, as it will most likely end on a ban. This can also happen automatically if someone spams an action like waving.
Players can help by reporting a rule breaker to the Moderators, but if the player suspected has not broken the rules, they will not be punished. If this was used on purpose, the player who falsely reported someone can also be banned in very rare instances when a moderator sees them report an innocent penguin for fun. If you accidentally reported a penguin for the wrong reason, you can contact Club Penguin Rewritten to make sure you don't get banned.
To learn more about bans, terminations, and reporting, see the List of Club Penguin Rewritten Rules.
Should users have any inquiries about their ban, they can contact the Staff team through the methods below:
- Opening a support ticket on the official Discord Server
- To open a support ticket, react to the envelope reaction on CPR Support Bot's message in the #open-ticket channel
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org