This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Were you looking for something else? Check out the disambiguation page.
Coins for Change 2020 was a virtual charity event in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was confirmed in issue #181 of the Club Penguin Times. It began on December 20, 2020 in conjunction with the Holiday Party 2020. It allowed penguins to donate their coins towards three different causes.
|2020 CFC Pin||Donating to Coins for Change|
How it worked
Penguins were allowed to donate their coins towards three different causes related to housing and medical needs as well as an Earth-related cause. With three different donation amounts that could be made, penguins could donate their coins to the different donations stations located around the island. The lowest donation a penguin could give was 500 coins while the highest was 10,000 coins.
The percentage (%) of real-world money the staff would donate to real-life charities would be determined by how much coins are donated to each cause. For example, the cause with the most donated virtual coins would receive a bigger portion of the set amount of real-world money that the staff will donate.
Donating would give players the 2020 CFC Pin, regardless of how many coins they have donated.
The three different causes you could donate to are:
- Building Homes
- Protect The Earth
- Medical Help
- Approximately 16,642,000 coins were donated in the first thirty minutes of the event being up.
- Both the 100 million coins donation goal and 200 million coins donation goal were achieved on December 21, 2020.
- The 300 million coins donation goal was achieved on December 23, 2020.
- The 400 million coins donation goal was achieved on December 27, 2020.
- The 450 million coins donation goal was achieved on December 29, 2020.
- This Coins for Change currently has the record for the highest number of coins donated compared to previous years.
Coins for Change 2020 Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here