This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin Rewritten.
- Were you looking for something else? Check out the disambiguation page.
The Halloween Party 2020 was a party in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was first confirmed in issue #176 of the Club Penguin Times and began on October 31, 2020. The party ended on November 12, 2020. DJ Maxx and Gary visited with new custom backgrounds.
Construction for the party began on October 15, 2020.
Elite Penguin Force Occurrences
On October 17, 2020, the Field-Ops terminal in the EPF Command Room was rendered (similarly to the EPF Phone) glitched, fuzzy, and inoperative and the Command Room lighting was dimmed. The central monitor shifted to a "technical difficulties" screen and the System Defender's screen was faded. In addition, two jack-o-lanterns depicting Herbert P. Bear and Klutzy were added atop the bookshelf and the meeting table.
Later that same day, Stu stated in a post on the What's New Blog that the malfunctions were not the doings of the Staff and that Gary the Gadget Guy had been apprised of the situation. He also suggested that the malfunctions were beyond the Staff's ability to repair.
On October 31, 2020, the Halloween Party 2020 commenced.
Penguins could now hunt for candies scattered around the island, and use them to redeem prizes from the Halloween Party 2020 Interface. There were also several reports of penguin zombies appearing, which can bite normal penguins and turn them into zombies too. Gary said that he was currently working on a cure for the zombie penguins. Penguins could also transform into ghosts at the Ghost Lab.
As the Halloween Party 2020 continued, there were reported sightings of white fur in the Ghost Lab. It is unknown why the fur was there. Furthermore, agents from the Penguin Secret Agency also began to report that their Spy Phone began to glitch too, with the words on its screen being replaced by boxes.
On November 6, 2020, there were tape barriers present in the Ghost Lab, cordoning off the aforementioned white fur on the floor. Furthermore, the roof of the Ghost Lab could be seen to be visibly damaged.
- Main article: Operation: Swarm
|DJ Maxx's Haunted Giveaway||DJ Maxx's Player Card|
|Gary's Graveyard Giveaway||Gary's Player Card|
|Pumpkin Head||Haunted House|
The following stamps were also available to collect during this party:
|DJ Maxx||Meeting DJ Maxx|
|Trick-or-treat||In players' Trick-or-Treat Igloos|
- On October 24, 2020, a poll went up on the community section of Club Penguin Rewritten's website, asking players to decide the giveaway choice for DJ Maxx. The choices were either DJ Maxx's Halloween Giveaway or an entirely brand new one. The latter option won 67% of the votes, and a sneak peek of the new background was released on October 29.
- According to Stu, the decorations for the Forest were based off the decorations from the Card-Jitsu Party 2011 on the original Club Penguin.
- The Dance Lounge was decorated with its newer design. The team confirmed that the room would keep its modern design permanently in the near future. It ended up being renovated immediately after the conclusion of the party on November 12, 2020.
- The Forest originally had stepping stones on the walkway to the Mansion Entrance and the trees in the background were more exposed.
- The Graveyard originally did not have a giant grave in the middle and leaves on the ground.
- The animation of the Zombie biting your penguin in the Graveyard was slightly different and was changed because the team felt like it looked like the zombie was kissing you.
Halloween Party 2020 Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here
- Boiler Room
- Book Room, Coffee Shop
- Cove, Forest
- Dining Hall, Foyer, Haunted House, Library, Mansion Entrance
- Ghost Lab
- Gift Shop
- Mine, Mine Shack
- Night Club
- Pizza Parlor
- Plaza, Town
- Secret Lab
- Ski Village
- Snow Forts, Stadium
- Underground Pool