The Pet Shop was a room in Club Penguin Rewritten. It was located in the Plaza to the left of the Stage. Players could buy Puffles and Puffle Furniture in it. The minigames Puffle Roundup, Pufflescape and Puffle Launch could be played from here.
When the Water Party 2020 began, the entire room was filled with water due to a burst pipe. The puffles in the Pet Shop managed to escape. Due to this incident, the Pet Shop began a rebuild on August 27, 2020, to ensure that this incident won't happen again. Construction was supposed to be finished on September 3, 2020, but did not conclude until December 31, 2020. Rory visited throughout the first week of the construction period.
On January 21, 2021, along with the release of the game's new HTML5 client, the Pet Shop was updated to its new design after nearly five months since construction began.
On February 2, 2022, players could begin to earn coins by feeding puffles in the room using the Pet Shop Apron.
- The mini-game Puffle Launch was released on June 21, 2017.
- The mini-game Pufflescape was released on January 16, 2020.
- Beginning on February 5, 2021, a Grey Puffle could be seen peeping at the bottom left of the room.
- For a period of time, a note could be seen below the green birdhouse. Clicking it brought up a message in Tic-Tac-Toe Code. Once decoded, it read "HIDDENPUFFLE" and was signed by Gary the Gadget Guy. HIDDENPUFFLE is the code used to unlock the Puffle Whistle.
- It was removed on May 16, 2018 for unknown reasons.
Pet Shop Archives
- Archived files on this topic can be found here
- Page A4, Issue 171, Club Penguin Times
- Page A3, Issue #173, Club Penguin Times